I think unfortunately it's a sign of my age that I can't live at 100mph without any repercussions. I'm 27, and throughout May I could feel that my muscles were getting really achey and tight and stiff but ignored it, I had no time for a massage. And now I have a trapped nerve which is agony and affecting my whole left side. I've had no time for the gym for about a month, and haven't been eating well.
I know this isn't a beauty post but I wanted to write it down, as if I put this into the blogosphere I'm more likely to stick to it!
So here is what I'm pledging to do:
- Drink more water
- Eat a least 5 portions of fruit and veg a day
- Go to the gym at least 3 times a week (once my trapped nerve has gone)
- Take up yoga and meditation again (this really helped my insomnia a while ago, and something which can help a condition that had been going on for about 2 years must be powerful and worth doing!)
- Sleep more
- Take multivitamins (need to get my body back on track. I will be eating better but I think right now my body needs an extra boost)
- No/minimal alcohol (I say minimal which is more realistic. I'll have a couple of glasses of wine if I go out for dinner, but I won't have crazy amounts of alcohol)
- Have more me-time
- Don't treat massages as an extravagance, they are essential for my back
- Don't see draining friends (you know the ones I mean, where you leave feeling exhausted rather than uplifted)
If you have any more suggestions for what I can do to get myself better just let me know, I'd appreciate it.
I'll keep you updated with how I'm getting on.