I've been meaning to do this post for a while now. Working in beauty, being a beauty blogger and reading endless magazines mean I've picked up some tips along the way and I wanted to share with you all my best ones.
1. Apply eye cream to your lids as well as underneath your eyes. Don't forget your eyelids age just as much as undereyes, so when applying eye creams pat under and above your eyes. Lids have a tendency is get crepey as we age so combat that with this little tip.
2. 'Seal' your nail polish by applying polish and topcoat on the tips of your nails. This makes your manicure last a lot longer as it gives extra protection against chipping. Just put a thin layer of the polish then the topcoat along the edge of your nail to seal it in.
3. When applying fake tan always wear gloves and work from your feet up. Apply the tiniest amount to your feet and blend away. Blending is the key to looking natural. And at the end take off your gloves, put a small amount on the back of one hand and rub the back of your hands together, working it down the fingers and smudging onto your wrists.
4. Don't forget your chest area. Apply all your face serums, exfoliators, creams, etc down your neck and onto your decollete. It is an extremely thin area of skin which is most often exposed to the sun and needs all the help it can get! But it is usually forgotten until too late. Prevention is better than cure!
5. Treat yourself! Lots of us feel a bit guilty getting pampered with massages, facials, manicures, pedicures, etc. But I say enjoy it! Giving your body some rest, relaxation and recuperation is the best thing you can do after many of us work so hard. I'm just as guilty as most people at this, I've been needing a manicure for months, so I'm making an effort to treat myself.
What are your top beauty tips?